A very early pair of decanters. They are blown glass with open pontils. Each decanter has wheel cut tulip motif on all four sides. They retain their original stoppers which are made of mother of pearl in a frame of what appears to be silver plated brass. The stoppers are labeled BRANDY and GIN, each one carved or etched then painted black . This type of glass is similar to the glass that was made by William Henry Stiegel at his Mannheim glasshouse in Pennsylvania. These were made c 1780-1800. It is very hard to make a direct attribution of unsigned glass made by Stiegel, but the form and the wheel cut tulip decorations are very similar to examples in the McKearin book on American Glass. The decanters are in excellent shape with no chips, cracks or damage of any kind. There are a few light spots of haze on one decanter. These have surivived in an amazing state of preservation. The slightly larger bottle measures9 inches x 4 1/4 x 2 3/4 The other one measures; 9x 4x 2 1/2.